Guaranty Trust Bank Gambia Ltd is a joint initiative and partnership between a Nigerian leading bank - Guaranty Trust Bank plc (GTBank plc) and a number of Gambian businessmen and institutions. The ownership structure of the bank is as follows:
In line with the internationally accepted practice, Guaranty Trust Bank Gambia Limited's financial performance is consolidated annually with the GTBank plc financial results.
- GTBank plc - 77.9%
- Mr Amadou Samba - 12.6%
- Other Gambian and non Gambian Individuals / Institutions - 9.5%
Over the years, we have remained committed to providing professional banking services for various facets of The Gambian economy. Our Corporate Bank Group, Commercial Bank Group, Public Sector Group, Operations and IT Group, and Retail Group all offer personalized services to meet our customers' every need.
- Our Corporate Bank Group services multi-nationals and large corporate organizations in the Manufacturing, Energy, Aviation, Telecommunication, Financial Institutions, Import and Export sectors amongst others.
- Our Commercial Bank Group is structured to suit the Banking needs of middle market players such as Government contractors, traders and medium scale corporate organizations.
- Our Public Sector Group deals directly with Government Para-statals at the national and local Government levels providing financial advisory services and other tailor made products for them.
- Our Retail Bank Group is structured to develop and serve individual and Owner Managed Enterprises / Small & Medium Scale Enterprises (OMEs / SME's) account holders, as well as respond to the personal needs of the Bank's High Net Worth customers.
With each of these Groups, we operate on a participatory and professional front. On one hand, we strive to actively acquire the knowledge needed to service our customers and on the other hand we impart informed knowledge on how our customers can improve their businesses. This way, we provide total banking solutions that meet every customer's needs.
Though technology and service efficiency are largely responsible for the level of success the Bank has been able to achieve over the years, our people remain the Bank's most valuable assets.
Guaranty Trust Bank employs young and vibrant people from various backgrounds, who are selected through a vigorous interview process. All staff upon engagement must go through a three-month training program, where they are trained on various aspects of banking as well as self-development.
The Guaranty Trust Bank training school is about making an "investment in the person and not the worker". It is important that we groom the individual and imbue the right morals, work ethics and social skills for the corporate environment from the onset. This creates a strong sense of team spirit amongst our staff, thereby promoting the "we" identity and down playing the "I".
Everyday, over 200 outstanding people driven by the zeal to excel, chart a course to ensure that Guaranty Trust Bank is by far greater than where it has been.
Beliefs and Culture
We maintain a culture of excellence, and go to great lengths to ensure that our customers are satisfied at all times. Our values are hinged upon professionalism, integrity and superior service delivery.
We maintain an informal but competitive environment where people call each other by their first names from entry level through to the Managing Director- no "Sirs or Madams". This informal culture is not common practice in The Gambia, but true to our convictions, the non-regimented and open environment brings out the best productive output in our people.
The Bank also maintains an open door policy. This reinforces the informal atmosphere and breeds a feeling of equality. Everyone is accessible and approachable, working in open offices along side their colleagues.
The work environment is built saliently on Total Quality Management, and a thirst for excellence in every thing we do. Quality is an integral part of the Bank and its improvement is not just in the hands of a few but in the hands of every member of staff. Delivering quality is the way we know how to sustain our competitive advantage.